(also daylight savings time)
- Time as adjusted to achieve longer evening daylight, especially in summer, by setting the clocks an hour ahead of the standard time.More example sentences
- Forget to set your clock for daylight saving time?
- I know we have adjusted for daylight saving time, but we can still work out that Parliament starts at 2 o'clock.
- This weekend Australians will be changing their clocks to daylight saving time, with the usual ensuing confusion.
More definitions of daylight saving timeDefinition of daylight saving time in:
- The British & World English dictionary