Definition of daywork in English:
Casual work paid for on a daily basis.
- There were no written instructions, no definition of the work required at any site, no tender and little or no on-site verification of daywork sheets by their personnel.
- We would therefore suggest that this work be carried out on a daywork basis, based on 2 men for a minimum of 8 hours a day at £14 per hour per man.
- The best places to find daywork are the boatyards, where the boats are being made ready for the next season.
- Example sentences
- We were able to consolidate the vast array of schedules down to 4 core schedules for both dayworkers and shiftworkers.
- Positions such as party workers, temporary dayworkers, waitresses and bartenders and party cooks fall into this category.
- I had 3 offers to choose from when I was getting into the industry, based on doing a good job as a dayworker.
Words that rhyme with dayworkbreastwork • spadework
Definition of daywork in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.