Definition of daywork in English:
Casual work paid for on a daily basis.
- There were no written instructions, no definition of the work required at any site, no tender and little or no on-site verification of daywork sheets by their personnel.
- We would therefore suggest that this work be carried out on a daywork basis, based on 2 men for a minimum of 8 hours a day at £14 per hour per man.
- The best places to find daywork are the boatyards, where the boats are being made ready for the next season.
- Example sentences
- We were able to consolidate the vast array of schedules down to 4 core schedules for both dayworkers and shiftworkers.
- Positions such as party workers, temporary dayworkers, waitresses and bartenders and party cooks fall into this category.
- I had 3 offers to choose from when I was getting into the industry, based on doing a good job as a dayworker.
Definition of daywork in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan