- Electronic circuitry designed to increase the dynamic range of reproduced sound and reduce noise in the system.More example sentences
- The newest dbx DriveRack for live sound, the DriveRack 260, picks up where the PA left off.
- For the music beds recorded at Bearsville, Holbrook relied on dbx 160X or 160s on bass and guitars, while the piano got a Neve stereo compressor.
- Acoustic guitar and bass receive treatment from a dbx 120 subharmonic processor.
1970s: from dB 'decibel' + x (representing expander).
More definitions of dbxDefinition of dbx in:
- The British & World English dictionary