- An undesirable persisting influence: the dead hand of government controlMore example sentences
- What seems to have happened subsequently, is that the dead hand of Treasury control has fallen on the arts, subjecting it to the same criteria that it applies to every other branch of public spending.
- Stalin came to realise that political control was a dead hand on the army and cut it back sharply in the autumn of 1942.
- The dead hand of behaviorism still deforms the study of consciousness.
More definitions of dead handDefinition of dead hand in:
- The British & World English dictionary