- A language no longer in everyday spoken use, such as Latin.More example sentences
- The other part of Jonathon understood the language that Minoie was speaking: a dead language of antiquity which was remembered only in the ceremonial prayers of the Rentaio.
- To memorize ancient chants and spells is not so very different from learning the dead languages of Latin and Greek.
- The film is shot entirely in the dead languages of Aramaic and Latin, the two that would have been spoken around the time of Jesus' life in Jerusalem.
More definitions of dead languageDefinition of dead language in:
- The British & World English dictionary