- A bolt engaged by turning a knob or key, rather than by spring action.More example sentences
- When you turn the key from the outside, it releases both the knob and the deadbolt.
- Therefore, my front and rear doors are both equipped with double cylinder deadbolts, locks that require a key on the inside.
- Slowly, I reached out to shut off the ringer on the phone, then went to the door and made sure that all the deadbolts and double locks were securely in place.
More definitions of deadboltDefinition of deadbolt in:
- The British & World English dictionary