- The vertical distance between a line horizontal to the keel of a vessel and its chine.More example sentences
- Designers felt if the deadrise were further increased in the after sections, a significant increase in horsepower would be needed to raise the boat onto and maintain a plane.
- Due to the shallow deadrise forward, the ride may be a little rough in large waves and choppy seas.
- Grady's hull has some serious deadrise amidships - about 30 degrees - and is designed to slice through head seas yet give stability at the dock or while trolling.
More definitions of deadriseDefinition of deadrise in:
- The British & World English dictionary