Definition of death adder in English:
A venomous Australian snake that has a thin wormlike tail, which it uses to lure birds and other prey.
- Genus Acanthophis, family Elapidae: three species, in particular A. antarcticus
- The program profiles two staff members of the Australian Reptile Park as they search for one of Australia's deadliest snakes - the death adder.
- At one point I stumble and come within inches of stepping on a death adder - ‘one of the deadliest snakes in Papua,’ Woolford tells me later.
- Cobras can cause local swelling, blistering, and necrosis; other Elapidae such as kraits, coral snakes, and Australian death adders produce negligible local envenoming.
Definition of death adder in:
- British & World English dictionary