- A prison camp, especially one for political prisoners or prisoners of war, in which many die from poor conditions and treatment or from mass execution.More example sentences
- One Nazi officer at the death camp even described it as ‘murder by assembly line’, as the most advanced industrial methods were turned to killing.
- On those journeys, the teenagers go from one site of horror to another, viewing concentration camp after concentration camp, death camp after death camp, monument after monument.
- I remember being frightened by the death camp prisoners' vacant stares; by their emaciated bodies; by the hopelessness they exhibited through the fence wires, the years, the grainy black and white photos.
More definitions of death campDefinition of death camp in:
- The British & World English dictionary