Definition of death cap in English:
A deadly poisonous toadstool with a pale olive-green cap and white gills, growing in broadleaved woodland in both Eurasia and North America.
- Amanita phalloides, family Amanitaceae, class Hymenomycetes
- It is a genus of fungi which has to be treated with special attention, since it includes several edible species but also the notorious death cap and destroying angel.
- Uncultivated wild mushrooms have ben associated with increased incidents of serious mushroom poisoning, especially death cap mushroom or Amanita phalloides (Greek for a fungus-like destroying angel).
- We hope they do not manage to eat death cap mushrooms and completely ruin their livers so that they need liver transplants.
Definition of death cap in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia