nounUS • informal
- The building in which prisoners are kept in preparation for execution.More example sentences
- Officials said they moved the prisoner to a bare cell in the windowless death house on the prison grounds yesterday, confirming it with a video released to news media.
- And Terre Haute Federal Prison and its death house in rural Indiana hardly make for a modern-day Calvary or Golgotha.
- On January 12, two prison matrons escorted her quickly into the death house and strapped her, sobbing, into the large wooden chair.
More definitions of death houseDefinition of death house in:
- The British & World English dictionary