- An official order for the execution of a condemned person: • figurative in making his announcement he has signed his political death warrantMore example sentences
- In just over a year's time, his political death warrant will be signed by the American people.
- To close the account is equivalent to signing a death warrant for the customer's business.
- The executioner hugs her with one arm, like a dancing-master, to keep her upright, and adjusts the knot while an official reads the death warrant.
More definitions of death warrantDefinition of death warrant in:
- The British & World English dictionary