Definition of deattribute in English:
Cease to attribute (a work of art) to a particular artist.
- It had been listed in Rembrandt catalogs in the 19th century and in 1915 but was later deattributed by scholars.
- A few dozen prints have been deattributed, while a smaller number of works have now been added to his oeuvre.
- To achieve this they have deattributed works that do not fit with their conceptions but in the mirror section I demonstrate that their conceptions are mistaken.
- Example sentences
- However, can scholarship also spoil our sense of beauty in the deattribution of a work of art?
- I just added my comments about LACMA and the controversial deattribution of van Dyck's Andromeda.
- In his essay, Duparc maintains the deattribution of several paintings and entertains the attribution of others suggested by the Rembrandt Research Project.
Definition of deattribute in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan