- Remove the upper part of the beak of (a bird) to prevent it from injuring other birds: (as noun debeaking) debeaking is thought to cause chickens chronic painMore example sentences
- As many as 100,000 birds can live in each ‘henhouse’ Conditions are so psychologically taxing on the birds that they must be debeaked to prevent pecking injuries.
- Every pig farmer knows that if pigs are unhappy they fight (and they can't exactly be debeaked like chickens) so most try to keep them happy.
- The ‘free range’ hens kept for laying eggs are still debeaked just as the battery hens are.
More definitions of debeakDefinition of debeak in:
- The British & World English dictionary