- A card issued by a bank allowing the holder to transfer money electronically to another bank account when making a purchase.More example sentences
- Some people track every penny they spend, whether by cash, cheque, credit or debit card, Direct Debit or standing order.
- I use my bank debit card for most purchases, but I have a Visa card that I sometimes use on holidays or for emergencies.
- Again, a card-holder may also obtain cash (this time directly from his bank account) with a debit card.
More definitions of debit cardDefinition of debit card in:
- The British & World English dictionary