Definition of debridement in English:
The removal of damaged tissue or foreign objects from a wound.
- Abscess drainage or debridement of necrotic tissue may be necessary.
- Maintenance of a moist wound microenvironment and debridement of necrotic tissue increase wound healing rates and reduce pain.
- Patients require referral to a dentist within 24 hours for drainage and debridement of the infected periodontal area.
- Example sentences
- Most chronic wounds require some method of debridement; however, some wounds should not be debrided.
- Once she was mobile, she began her daily trips to "the tank," where her wounds were debrided.
- Three subjects had their wounds debrided to less than 50 % necrotic tissue prior to study enrollment.
Definition of debridement in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.