Definition of decaffeinate in English:
verb[with object] (usually as adjective decaffeinated)
Remove most or all of the caffeine from (coffee or tea): decaffeinated coffee
More example sentences
- The fasting group, however, were not allowed to consume anything but water or decaffeinated tea or coffee for 36 hours.
- Either switch to decaffeinated tea or coffee or herbal infusions like vervain, mint or camomile.
- Each of the seven decaffeinated coffees contained some caffeine, although all contained Less than 18 mg per serving.
- Example sentences
- Eve replies: Total decaffeination is not an option.
- But instead, we're going to do a little experiment in decaffeination.
- One hypothesis is that when these women were drinking coffee when they, were younger, the decaffeination process involved chemical solvents that have been implicated in connective-tissue diseases [like rheumatoid arthritis].
Definition of decaffeinate in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan