verb[with object] (usually as adjective decaffeinated)
- Remove most or all of the caffeine from (coffee or tea): decaffeinated coffeeMore example sentences
- The fasting group, however, were not allowed to consume anything but water or decaffeinated tea or coffee for 36 hours.
- Either switch to decaffeinated tea or coffee or herbal infusions like vervain, mint or camomile.
- Each of the seven decaffeinated coffees contained some caffeine, although all contained Less than 18 mg per serving.
- More example sentences
- Eve replies: Total decaffeination is not an option.
- But instead, we're going to do a little experiment in decaffeination.
- One hypothesis is that when these women were drinking coffee when they, were younger, the decaffeination process involved chemical solvents that have been implicated in connective-tissue diseases [like rheumatoid arthritis].
More definitions of decaffeinateDefinition of decaffeinate in:
- The British & World English dictionary