(also dekameter , abbreviation dam or dkm)
A metric unit of length, equal to 10 meters.
- In this study, we also used the horizontal visibility data determined by meteorological observers in decameters (dm).
- ‘There's a boat on our tail, and they sent a warning shot about fifty decameters from the boat,’ Armon yelled.
- Example sentences
- The other big problem is that Jupiter does not transmit constantly at decametric wavelengths.
- A brief historical summary is followed by a review of current observations of Jupiter's decametric radiation.
- The emissions we can hear are often referred to as decametric noise storms, because the waves are tens of meters long.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of decameter in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.