Definition of decane in English:
A colorless liquid hydrocarbon of the alkane series, present in petroleum products such as kerosene.
- Chemical formula: C10H22; many isomers, especially the straight-chain isomer (n-decane), which is used as a solvent and in jet fuel research
- The solvent was removed by evaporation with a N 2 stream and the dried lipid film was resuspended in decane to form a final total lipid concentration of 25 mg/ml.
- These compounds are sufficiently soluble in decane to form stable bilayers if they are combined with DOPE.
- Bilayers were composed of 80% phosphatidylethanolamine and 20% phosphatidylcholine dissolved in decane at a final concentration of 50 mg/ml.
Definition of decane in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.