- A crustacean of the order Decapoda, such as a shrimp, crab, or lobster.More example sentences
- A similar dispersal mechanism has been suggested as responsible for the faunal similarities in mollusks and decapods.
- Limestones of the underlying carbonate ramp sediments are primarily packstones containing numerous foraminiferans but they do not contain decapod fossils.
- It has long been known that the shrimps and lobsters are the most primitive of the decapods and, in fact, have the oldest fossil records.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to or denoting decapods.More example sentences
- No preparation was necessary for the examination of the decapod fossils.
- Detailed work on a series of isolated crustacean limb muscle preparations showed a consistent pattern of innervation among decapod crustaceans.
- Relatively little work has been done recently on decapod faunas from the Middle East.
More definitions of decapodDefinition of decapod in:
- The British & World English dictionary