Definition of decease in English:
noun[in singular] formal or Law
Death: a doctor’s sudden decease
More example sentences
- About a month before her decease, the witness had a conversation with the deceased in his bedroom.
- After the artist's decease, his publisher Akiyama Buemon printed posthumous editions of Tsuki Hyakushi as album sets from the original blocks.
- In the side walls of the vaults are niches where skeleton monks sit or stand, clad in the brown habits that they wore in life, and labelled with their names and the dates of their decease.
verb[no object] archaic Back to top
- Dominic will live for another few years, but as soon as he deceases, his daughter will take his position.
- Family history reveals both parents deceased from a carcinoma of unknown type.
- He read out the names of the girls, and boys that deceased in the fire, but thankfully, Ciara knew none of them.