- That goal proved crucial as it was the only decisive result between the top four teams.
- In 1918 across the Western Front and in Italy the decisive final battles of the war were fought.
- Holland is expected to deliver a similarly decisive result when a referendum is held there tomorrow.
- But the motives of many are a more base fear of the side effects of doing anything decisive.
- The firm and decisive action taken indicates how seriously the ECB and the club have treated the case.
- You may be frustrated with him or her for not being very decisive.
Early 17th century: from French décisif, -ive, from medieval Latin decisivus, from decis- 'determined', from the verb decidere (see decide).
Words that rhyme with decisivederisive, divisive, incisive
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.