Definition of decisive in English:
1Settling an issue; producing a definite result: the Supreme Court voided the statute by a decisive 7-2 vote decisive evidence
More example sentences
- That goal proved crucial as it was the only decisive result between the top four teams.
- In 1918 across the Western Front and in Italy the decisive final battles of the war were fought.
- Holland is expected to deliver a similarly decisive result when a referendum is held there tomorrow.
1.1(Of a person) having or showing the ability to make decisions quickly and effectively.
- But the motives of many are a more base fear of the side effects of doing anything decisive.
- The firm and decisive action taken indicates how seriously the ECB and the club have treated the case.
- You may be frustrated with him or her for not being very decisive.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan