- A member of a ship’s crew whose duties include maintenance of hull, decks, and superstructure and mooring and cargo handling.More example sentences
- The company wants tugboat engineers to take over some of the duties of deckhands.
- Asian seamen were employed both in a traditional capacity as deckhands and within the engine rooms of such vessels, but also increasingly as service staff on cruise liners.
- The junior deckhand on duty had fallen asleep, chronically fatigued after his eight hours' sleep in the previous 24 hours were broken into three periods.
More definitions of deckhandDefinition of deckhand in:
- The British & World English dictionary