noun(also deckle strap)
- 1.1A frame on the mold used to shape the pulp when making paper by hand.More example sentences
- The deckle holds the pulp in place until the water drains.
- First, you need to get a frame, or mould and deckle.
- Once broken down it is washed, cooled, and then made into paper using a mold and a frame called a deckle, to determine size.
mid 18th century: from German Deckel, diminutive of Decke 'covering'.
More definitions of deckleDefinition of deckle in:
- The British & World English dictionary