- 1Remove the claws from.More example sentences
- A better vet later gently declawed this poor cat and her life was better for it.
- Of course, declawed cats should be indoor-only pets and you should be very careful mixing them with cats that still have their claws.
- I've always been horrified by the idea of declawing a cat (even a housecat), but if she doesn't take a shine to the kid, it could get nasty.
- 1.1Make harmless or less threatening: the Grimms' fairy tales were declawed beyond recognitionMore example sentences
- Just like this fluffy film, the original concept diluted by even more assistants, and entirely declawed of the dated, sarcastic meanness that made Garfield appealing decades time ago.
- Until UC can get its brightest stars to get degrees and chase basketballs instead of money, the Bearcats will remain in their current declawed state.
- By the time a financial crisis declawed the Asian tigers in 1997-98, the U.S. economy was in the middle of its technology boom.
More definitions of declawDefinition of declaw in:
- The British & World English dictionary