1The liquor resulting from concentrating the essence of a substance by heating or boiling, especially a medicinal preparation made from a plant: a decoction of a root
More example sentences
- Patients were given herbs and taught how to make decoctions, or the decoctions were prepared by the herbalist and given to the patient using an assortment of recycled bottles.
- Witch hazel decoctions are easily found on the shelf of most pharmacies, yet the literature available regarding its efficacy and mechanisms of action is limited.
- You may simmer tougher herbal roots and barks to make them into decoctions, another form of water extract.
1.1The action or process of extracting the essence of something.
- Some of these methods such as the detoxification of aconite by preparing it with salt and/or long…decoction are a mainstay of TCM practice.
- Medicinal plants are predominantly wildcrafted and dispensed mainly by decoction, although prepared formulas are given.
Words that rhyme with decoctionconcoction
Definition of decoction in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.