- A small room in which the air pressure can be varied, used chiefly to allow deep-sea divers to adjust gradually to normal air pressure.More example sentences
- A diver was treated in the decompression chamber at ICIT in Stromness after surfacing on Sunday afternoon with symptoms of the bends.
- TWO divers needed treatment in a decompression chamber yesterday after getting into difficulties off Bridlington.
- The navy had an emergency decompression chamber on stand by in case one of the divers suffered the bends.
More definitions of decompression chamberDefinition of decompression chamber in:
- The British & World English dictionary