- 1.1A computer program that decompresses data by digitally expanding it to its original size and form.More example sentences
- We evaluated two options: Apple QuickTime Streaming using the QDesign Music 2 Professional compressor / decompressor, and RealNetworks' RealSystem G2 using the RealAudio codec.
- A risk associated with typical methods that use variable-length codes is that if an error appears somewhere in the middle of the compressed image, then the decompressor loses synch and all the data from there on in is lost.
- It's a shortening of compressor / decompressor - an algorithm used to compress data and then decompress it again.
More definitions of decompressorDefinition of decompressor in:
- The British & World English dictionary