Definition of decondition in English:
1 (usually as adjective deconditioned) Cause to lose fitness or muscle tone, especially through lack of exercise: deconditioned muscles
More example sentences
- These suggested effects, if proved, might confirm the importance of pulmonary rehabilitation programs including exercise training in these deconditioned COPD patients.
- The challenge for the person with FMS is in the gradual approach to exercise. Doing too much, too soon can hurt deconditioned muscles.
- The bottom line is that health clubs have not done a good job of bringing the deconditioned population into a fitness facility.
2 (usually as noun deconditioning) Psychiatry Reform or reverse (previously conditioned behavior), especially in the treatment of phobia and other anxiety disorders in which the fear response to certain stimuli is brought under control. Compare with counterconditioning.
- According to Terry Givens, who helped design fitness courses for the United States Air Force Academy, as we age, our tissues decondition.
Definition of decondition in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India