Definition of deconflict in English:
verb[with object] Military
Reduce the risk of collision between (aircraft, airborne weaponry, etc.) in an area by coordinating their movements.
- No longer satisfied merely to deconflict the activities of the several services, we now seek joint interdependence.
- The platoon deconflicts airspace during flight in the air traffic control chat room.
- The FCB is responsible for coordinating, integrating, and deconflicting the efforts of all components within the functional area.
- Example sentences
- There is a finite amount of time you can spend on other flight-related tasks without verifying flight-path deconfliction between your aircraft and the ground or other aircraft.
- The various airspaces required by the heavy-lift vehicle, the delivery vehicles, and the airdrop cargo itself all require deconfliction with other airspace users.
- The main purposes were FP, information vetting and sharing, joint targeting in support of operations, and source deconfliction.
Definition of deconflict in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan