Definition of decongest in English:
Relieve the congestion of (something).
- It will do nothing to reduce congestion or help business to undertake its work by decongesting our roads.
- If the peripheral Ring Road decongests traffic on the outer Ring Road, then some signals may be removed.
- The bypass will be ready within the next six months and go a long way towards decongesting rail traffic in the Yeshwantpur railway station, which is fast emerging as the second terminal of Bangalore.
- Example sentences
- Apart from 19 roads shortlisted for upgrades, the meeting also discussed flyovers, peripheral ring roads and traffic decongestion.
- The introduction of rail traffic would help in boosting tourism and decongestion of road traffic, he noted.
- By acting directly on alpha-adrenergic receptors in the mucosa of the respiratory tract, pseudoephedrine produces vasoconstriction leading to nasal decongestion.
Definition of decongest in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan