Definition of decongest in English:
Relieve the congestion of (something).
- It will do nothing to reduce congestion or help business to undertake its work by decongesting our roads.
- If the peripheral Ring Road decongests traffic on the outer Ring Road, then some signals may be removed.
- The bypass will be ready within the next six months and go a long way towards decongesting rail traffic in the Yeshwantpur railway station, which is fast emerging as the second terminal of Bangalore.
- Example sentences
- Apart from 19 roads shortlisted for upgrades, the meeting also discussed flyovers, peripheral ring roads and traffic decongestion.
- The introduction of rail traffic would help in boosting tourism and decongestion of road traffic, he noted.
- By acting directly on alpha-adrenergic receptors in the mucosa of the respiratory tract, pseudoephedrine produces vasoconstriction leading to nasal decongestion.
Definition of decongest in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.