- (Chiefly of a medicine) used to relieve nasal congestion.More example sentences
- Most patients I see with this problem are taking some sort of western medication i.e. antihistamine, nasal decongestant spray or cortisone based inhalers.
- For people with significant nasal congestion, a decongestant therapy may be prescribed.
- You can also try using a nasal decongestant spray several hours before the flight.
nounBack to top
- A decongestant medicine.More example sentences
- Tremor can be caused by some medicines, including heart medicines, decongestants, medicines for breathing problems, and tricyclic antidepressants.
- Appropriate doses of analgesics, antipyretics and decongestants should be offered, as well as patient education about the chosen treatment strategy.
- Management of these patients may include use of antihistamines, decongestants, or intranasal steroids.
More definitions of decongestantDefinition of decongestant in:
- The British & World English dictionary