1The furnishing and decoration of a room.
- It records the streets, the clothes, the decors and the furnishings of all strata of pre-war Paris society in ravishing detail.
- ‘Ikebana’ (meaning living flowers), Japanese art of flower arrangement, differs from the usual floral decors.
- Its citizens have already started ornamenting their respective homes with beautifully handcrafted decors of various shapes, sizes and colors.
decoration, furnishing, ornamentation;
1.1The decoration and scenery of a stage.
- However, an enjoyable aspect of the scene changes are the various fashions and décor.
- The rudimentary décor, an hommage to the old Globe, does feature a large, tilted, overhanging mirror.
- James Noone's décor almost accomplishes more with less, as does Natasha Katz's lighting.
Late 19th century: from French décor, from the verb décorer, from Latin decorare 'embellish' (see decorate).
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.