- Thrombosis in a vein lying deep below the skin, especially in the legs. It is a particular hazard of long-haul flying.More example sentences
- Data from both venogram and fibrinogen scans demonstrate that deep-vein thrombosis usually originates in the deep-veins of the leg.
- For example, deep-vein thrombosis is a blood clot that develops in a vein, usually in your leg.
- Thrombosis of superficial veins in the legs has no connection with deep-vein thrombosis and is not dangerous.
More definitions of deep-vein thrombosisDefinition of deep-vein thrombosis in:
- The British & World English dictionary