Definition of deer mouse in English:
A mainly nocturnal mouse found in a wide range of habitats in North and Central America.
- Genus Peromyscus, family Muridae: numerous species, in particular P. maniculatus
- Some rodents, especially the deer mouse, rice rat, white-footed mouse and cotton rat, may carry hantaviruses.
- To see if this was a general trend of laboratory domestication or was something specific to the house mouse, she investigated a second species, the deer mouse.
- In half of the 20 trials, a yellow pine chipmunk was the initial cacher and in half a deer mouse was the initial cacher.
Definition of deer mouse in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.