Definition of deer mouse in English:
A mainly nocturnal mouse found in a wide range of habitats in North and Central America.
- Genus Peromyscus, family Muridae: numerous species, in particular P. maniculatus
- Some rodents, especially the deer mouse, rice rat, white-footed mouse and cotton rat, may carry hantaviruses.
- To see if this was a general trend of laboratory domestication or was something specific to the house mouse, she investigated a second species, the deer mouse.
- In half of the 20 trials, a yellow pine chipmunk was the initial cacher and in half a deer mouse was the initial cacher.
Definition of deer mouse in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan