verb (defats, defatting, defatted)[with object] (usually as adjective defatted)
- Remove fat from (food): soup made with defatted chicken stockMore example sentences
- Tamari is a soy sauce made without any wheat, from whole or defatted soya beans only, and is darker in colour than the standard kind.
- Soy meal is used for animal feed; about 90 percent of the 2 billion bushels of soybeans grown each year in this country are defatted and turned into feed.
- This tasted a bit more meaty than the plain stock, but again what I most noticed was the mouthfeel: rich and smooth on the tongue, almost as if it wasn't defatted (but in a good way).
More definitions of defatDefinition of defat in:
- The British & World English dictionary