Definition of defenseless in English:
Without defense or protection; totally vulnerable: attacks on defenseless civilians
More example sentences
- He played right into my vulnerable defenseless beginner trap.
- The elderly and vulnerable can feel defenceless, which prevents people from living their lives to the full.
- The transport crews had a tendency to surrender before they were rendered totally defenseless.
- Example sentences
- She looked so frail and weak and vulnerable, so feeble and immobile, almost like an invalid, something about her defenselessness forced Ryan to comply to speak to his worst enemy, by croaking, ‘Of of course, Meg.’
- The loss of innocent life and national terror induced by our defenselessness has taken on a surreal quality that is far beyond my experience.
- Mr. Montare looked pleased, but inside, her heart repeatedly crashed painfully against her chest, and all her thoughts had been replaced by a feeling of defenselessness and panic.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.