noun (plural defensemen)
- (In ice hockey and lacrosse) a player, other than the goaltender, in a defensive position.More example sentences
- Here's a look at the goaltenders, defensemen and forwards who might never be in such a precarious spot again.
- They know how many times he has been whacked and hacked by opposing defensemen and goaltenders.
- Sure, but the best defensemen and goaltenders would be up against the best of the offense.
More definitions of defensemanDefinition of defenseman in:
- The British & World English dictionary