- 1Without doubt (used for emphasis): I will definitely be at the airport to meet youMore example sentences
- He has no plans to move at the moment, but there is no doubt that both he and Ian are definitely in the wrong area.
- Something was definitely wrong here and he was pretty sure he was going to hate it more than he was going to like it.
- I knew that some of the correspondents were definitely heading to the wrong islands.
- 1.1In a definite manner; clearly: we couldn’t plan to go elsewhere until we had heard from you more definitelyMore example sentences
- Some of us had instructions to wake up our parents and some of us had instructions definitely not to wake them.
- For China Doll, Chan definitely has something to say about her character throwing off the shackles of her gender in China a century ago.
- He had a bottle of wine and was definitely dressed to the nines, so to speak.