- 1(Of a disease or symptom) characterized by progressive, often irreversible deterioration, and loss of function in the organs or tissues: degenerative diseasesMore example sentences
- The embryonic stem cells could then be used in transplantation therapy in patients with degenerative diseases of other tissues.
- Ataxia telangiectasia is a progressive degenerative disease that involves a large number of major body systems.
- This damage impairs the immune system, leading to infections, cancer, or degenerative diseases such as heart disease.
- 1.1Of or tending to decline and deterioration: the young generation had fallen into a degenerative backslideMore example sentences
- What we see speaks volumes on our degenerative state of affairs.
- This is a degenerative situation and once started, the dominoes start falling and the entire defensive infrastructure collapses.
- I think the terms ‘liberal’ and ‘conservative’ are simply degenerative.
More definitions of degenerativeDefinition of degenerative in:
- The British & World English dictionary