1The disappearance of ice from a previously glaciated region.
- Glaciation and deglaciation of the continents are important mechanisms for changing the volume of water in ocean basins.
- The effects of deglaciation on tropical regions are not fully understood, but ambient temperatures at equatorial latitudes were cooler by approximately 5C during the last glacial maximum.
- Then the amount of snowfall tapers off during the next 200 years of deglaciation.
1.1A period of geological time during which deglaciation takes place: the last deglaciation
More example sentences
- I know it's not as well understood - but what is the approximate time frame over which carbon dioxide values returned to normal after the catastrophic deglaciations in the late Precambrian?
- The Younger Dryas Event is a climate reversal preceded and followed by abrupt warming during the deglaciation period about 11,000 years BP, according to the conventional chronology.
- The difference between plant response to the Paelocene-Eocene warming and to the last deglaciation suggests that vegetation can't always respond quickly.
Definition of deglaciation in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.