Definition of deglamorize in English:
Make (someone or something) less glamorous or attractive.
- He believes harm reduction strategies help deglamorise drug abuse and addiction, and does not encourage young people to take up drugs.
- Taking place in real time, the short goes a long way toward deglamorizing the myth of the celebrity trailer.
- ‘His art is the art of removing the blockage to large truths by deglamorizing and denaturalizing our priorities of remaining in control’.
- Example sentences
- Metropolitan Opera opening nights are always special, even in this age of the deglamorization of opera.
- It is not that his film lacks style, but rather that it favors deglamorization over stylization.
- One relatively positive aspect of the movie is its deglamorization of its people.
Definition of deglamorize in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.