Definition of deglamorize in English:
Make (someone or something) less glamorous or attractive.
- He believes harm reduction strategies help deglamorise drug abuse and addiction, and does not encourage young people to take up drugs.
- Taking place in real time, the short goes a long way toward deglamorizing the myth of the celebrity trailer.
- ‘His art is the art of removing the blockage to large truths by deglamorizing and denaturalizing our priorities of remaining in control’.
- Example sentences
- Metropolitan Opera opening nights are always special, even in this age of the deglamorization of opera.
- It is not that his film lacks style, but rather that it favors deglamorization over stylization.
- One relatively positive aspect of the movie is its deglamorization of its people.
Definition of deglamorize in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan