- An enzyme that catalyzes the removal of hydrogen atoms from a particular molecule, particularly in the electron transport chain reactions of cell respiration in conjunction with the coenzymes NAD and FAD: glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenaseMore example sentences
- Both classes of enzymes are involved in a wide range of redox reactions, e.g. succinate dehydrogenase and xanthine oxidase.
- Choline dehydrogenase of E. coli catalyses the first step in the synthesis of betaine, the oxidation of choline.
- The best studied set of isozymes is the lactate dehydrogenase system.
More definitions of dehydrogenaseDefinition of dehydrogenase in:
- The British & World English dictionary