Sad and depressed; dispirited: he stood in the street looking dejected
More example sentences
- His life's labor and meaning reduced to nothing, Cipriano returns home, dejected and depressed.
- The inability of entering Western intellectual society made them feel dejected and depressed.
- But, yet again, I failed miserably and came away feeling dejected, disheartened, deflated and demoralised.
depressed, crushed, desolate, heartbroken, in the doldrums, sad, unhappy, doleful, melancholy, miserable, woebegone, forlorn, wretched, glum, gloomy
- More example sentences
- I sat clumsily on the floor and slumped against the wall dejectedly.
- He took a deep breath in, and let it out slowly, his chest falling dejectedly.
- Having claimed his full attention, she sighed aloud quite dejectedly.