Definition of delay line in English:
1A device producing a specific desired delay in the transmission of a signal.
- Fortunately for us, we are dealing with digital signals where a delay line can be implemented with nothing more than a FIFO (first in, first out) buffer.
- In response to an input clock signal, the variable delay line produces a delayed output clock signal that is compared at a race detection circuit to the input clock signal.
- Then at least one electrical delay line delays the input signal.
1.1A set of mirrors controlling the path lengths between outlying telescopes and a central receiver.
- By integrating this source with a delay line and a broadband, grazing-incidence toroidal mirror, the researchers generated odd phase-locked harmonics of the laser frequency up to very high orders.
Definition of delay line in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.