- An action or strategy designed to defer or postpone something in order to gain an advantage for oneself: he accused them of adopting delaying tacticsMore example sentences
- Mr Twine sees the move by the council as a deliberate delaying tactic.
- I looked around for some delaying tactic, some means to forestall the inevitable.
- A delaying tactic was urgently sought together with some means of boosting the morale of a demoralised Allied force.
More definitions of delaying tacticDefinition of delaying tactic in:
- The British & World English dictionary