- 1Long and careful consideration or discussion: after much deliberation, we arrived at a compromise the commission’s deliberationsMore example sentences
- I said to them that in their deliberations they should consider the ten pensioners' flats adjacent.
- The jury was resuming its deliberations today to consider verdicts on two remaining charges.
- The discussions and deliberations which transpired over this period have been treated as a state secret.
- 2Slow and careful movement or thought: he replaced the glass on the table with deliberationMore example sentences
- Arms vertically extended, I turned with the slow deliberation of a cornered felon.
- Again and again, with slow deliberation, the whale approaches the boat.
- Tanned and looking younger than he is, he speaks with slow deliberation, well aware of the power of the spoken word.
late Middle English: via Old French from Latin deliberatio(n-), from deliberare 'consider carefully' (see deliberate).