Definition of delightful in English:
Causing delight; charming: a delightful secluded garden
More example sentences
- The salmon was moist and succulent, the pastry buttery, rich and golden, delightful.
- And then today some delightful woman decided she would join the plebs and go swimming.
- She was a delightful woman and made a enormous contribution to the council.
amusing, entertaining, diverting;
sweet, endearing, cute, lovely, adorable, delectable, delicious, gorgeous, ravishing, beautiful, pretty
informal dreamy, divine, -licious
- Example sentences
- That is its delightfulness summed up right there.
- Something about movies that announce their delightfulness so aggressively is kind of off-putting.
- There is a delightfulness in the relative ease with which these modest works register a psychological force similar to that of the more physically grand pieces.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.