1Remove (something) from a list, in particular.
- A small number of farmers have been delisted as Fair Trade growers as a result of the monitoring activities of their peers and the Certification Officer, usually because of herbicide use.
- The site also contains a list of threatened and endangered species that have approved recovery plans and a list of species that have been delisted or reclassified.
- Species can be reclassified (moved from list to list) or delisted (removed from the lists entirely.)
1.1Remove (a security) from the official register of a stock exchange: the stock collapsed and was delisted
More example sentences
- By the end of the week, its shares may be delisted from the Nasdaq stock exchange.
- Last month, the New York Stock Exchange delisted the company.
- His company's stock has been trading for less than $1 since January 2002 and was delisted by the NASDAQ stock exchange later that year.
1.2Remove (a product) from the list of those sold by a particular retailer.
- This can only work if one channel member is in a highly dominant position, for example, when a supermarket threatens to delist a particular product line from its shelves.
- In future, it will delist a number of products and simplify its range.
- Half said the industry feared retribution, such as delisting by the supermarket and loss of business.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of delist in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.