- Electrical activity of the brain at a frequency of around 1-8 Hz, typical of sleep. The resulting oscillations, detected using an electroencephalograph, are called delta waves.More example sentences
- Research has shown alpha wave intrusion into non-REM delta wave sleep 70% greater than controls.
- Brain research has shown that using sound phasing for brain synchrony will adjust the brain waves to deeper states down to the delta wave pattern.
- By stage 4, the brain produces delta waves almost exclusively.
More definitions of delta rhythmDefinition of delta rhythm in:
- The British & World English dictionary